In the past few years, CoBI has financially supported a number of opportunities including:
- Purchased helmets for four Brain Safety Fairs across the state of Pennsylvania;
- Funded the David L. Strauss scholarship fund so that individuals and families were able to attend the Brain Injury Association of Pennsylvania’s annual conference in Lancaster, PA;
- Funded “camperships” so that five children with brain injuries were able to attend “Camp Cranium,” a specialized overnight camp for children with brain injuries;
- Provided financial support for research by the Prognosis Committee of the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine’s Brain Injury Interdisciplinary Special Interest Group;
- Ran an ad in local youth football programs about concussion—signs and what to do;
- Piloted a Brain Injury Prevention program to 5th graders;
- Provided scholarships to the Fighting Back program, allowing individuals with brain injuries to work out with a trainer at no cost to them;
- Sponsored a children's bicycle rodeo to promote bike safety in West Chester, PA;
- Granted money to support art classes for individuals with brain injuries through the Wayne Art Center in PA and the Brain Injury Association of Delaware;
- Designed and purchased new “be a hard head ... wear a helmet” stickers.
... and, in case you didn't know, our team is entirely comprised of volunteers!