CoBI is committed to increasing the awareness of brain injury, improving the lives of those affected by brain injury, and preventing brain injury. Each year, CoBI awards grant dollars to innovative programs related to brain injury. Projects that have been funded to date include:
- Scholarships through brain injury organizations for families and individuals with brain injuries to attend educational conferences;
- Financial support for the dissemination of information about brain injury to individuals who have sustained injuries through domestic violence as well as to the professionals working with them;
- Funding for student and professional research projects related to brain injury—including several at Drexel University!
- Funding for adapted sports like skiing, golf, horseback riding and bowling;
- “Camperships” for children with brain injury to attend summer camp;
- Financial support for important research on brain injury;
- Sponsorship of safety events including bike rides, helmet giveaways, and prevention talks to children;
- Sponsorship of art classes for individuals with brain injuries and their caregivers;
- Funding for the shaken baby syndrome/abusive head trauma prevention program, supporting their ongoing efforts across Pennsylvania;
- Support for a new play/education group for children with brain injuries and their parents;
- Support for equestrian therapy programs on either side of the state;
- Funding for brain injury support groups.
New and creative projects are encouraged—no project is too small.
Click on this link for a copy of the 2017 Grant Application.
Any questions, please contact MJ Schmidt at 484-595-9300.